Grand Prix Karting look for experienced professionals and talented individuals of the highest calibre with an abundance of enthusiasm to share in our passion to provide outstanding motor racing events to companies and the public. We aim to recruit a diverse workforce, of which YOU could form an integral part.
Working in the leisure industry requires flexible working hours. We operate 7 days a week so the ability to work evenings and weekends is a pre requisite for applying for any of the following roles. It is a dynamic and demanding environment that requires energetic and friendly staff with the ability to thrive under pressure.
We currently have the following positions available:
- Part Time Race Directors / Duty Managers
Salary: £8.69 - £11.20 / hr (£9.75 - £12.55 / hr incl holiday pay) depending on experience / role.
Race Directors and Duty Managers are responsible for running our events. Duties include:
- Greeting customers.
- Delivering the safety briefing.
- Directing the event.
- Operating the timing & display systems.
- Hosting the podium ceremony.
- Managing your race staff.
Applicants should be friendly, bubbly, confident, enthusiastic, reliable, responsible and diligent with great communication skills. You should be able to operate a computer and an interest in motor sport (either as a competitor or as a spectator) is an advantage. Smart in appearance you will represent the Circuit and, as MC, you will enjoy being the centre of attention.
Hours are flexible and our bookings (mainly evenings and weekends) will be matched to your availability. After full training you will join our pool of Race Directors / Duty Managers that will be called upon as and when required / available to provide cover for events.
- Part Time Race Engineers
Salary: £8.26 - £8.79 / hr (£9.27 - £9.85 / hr incl holiday pay) depending on experience / role.
Race Engineers / Mechanics are responsible for ensuring our entire fleet is operational and competitive. Duties include:
- Fuelling Karts, checking oil levels and tyre replacement.
- Mechanical servicing, part replacement and preventative care of our race fleet.
- Maintenance of a small Junior fleet.
- Keeping records of kart maintenance on a computerised system.
- Assisting in seating drivers, adjusting controls and ensuring their safety.
- Numbering karts, gridding them up and race marshalling.
- Liaising with both customers and staff.
Applicants should have a keen eye for detail and will be required to test karts whilst looking and feeling for any potential faults. You should strive for perfection and not be afraid to get your hands dirty whilst ensuring that each of our karts are not only in excellent mechanical condition but are also evenly matched.
An interest in motor sport (either as a competitor or as a spectator) is an advantage and past mechanical training with either karts or small four-stroke petrol engines is required.
Hours are flexible and our bookings (mainly evenings and weekends) will be matched to your availability. After full training you will be called upon as and when required / available to provide cover for events.
- Part Time Race Circuit Marshals
Salary: £6.73 - £8.21 / hr (£7.55 - £9.21 / hr incl holiday pay) depending on experience / role.
Circuit Marshals assist with the running of each event. Duties include:
- Setting the circuit ready for each event.
- Assisting customers signing-in and changing into race suits.
- Assisting drivers who have spun or crashed into the barriers.
- Keeping the facilities clean and tidy.
- Flexible working hours.
- Promotion prospects to Race Director or Junior Kart Instructor.
No previous karting experience or qualifications are required. For Health & Safety and insurance reasons, Race Marshals must be aged 16 years or older.
A team consisting of a Race Director and up to six Marshals are required for most events, therefore you will form part of a pool of Marshals to provide cover for events 10am - 11pm, 7 days a week.
Whilst it is impossible for any circuit to guarantee a minimum number of working hours per week for each Circuit Marshal, enthusiastic race crew who are able to be flexible will be able to work as many hours as they wish.